FOOD & BEVERAGE ROADSHOW: FOCUS ON MARKET ACCESS
Tuesday 4 Jul 2017SeminarTauranga
Market access issues are constantly changing and this is a chance to meet the Market Access team from the Ministry of Primary Industries (MPI) as well as representatives from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT) and New Zealand Trade and Enterprise (NZTE). Ask your market access questions while also getting up to speed.
The speakers are listed below and will spend 10-15 minutes on their topic. There will be plenty of time for Q & A:
- Welcome from Catherine Beard - Executive Director, ExportNZ who will Chair the meeting
- Rochelle Linwood - Acting Director Market Access Policy & Trade, MPI will provide a general overview of market access developments with a particular focus on China and other Asian markets.
- Steve Ainsworth - Manager Market Access West Policy & Trade, MPI will discuss market access developments in Europe and the Middle East and also touch on USA Food Safety Modernisation Act.
- Debbie Morris - Director Branch Planning, Systems & Support, Regulatory Assurance, MPI will give an update on the development of MPI's new Exporter Regulatory Advice Service.
- Cathryn Moriarty - Manager Exporter Regulatory Advice Service, Regulation Assurance, MPI
- Shiromani Jayasekera - Principal Adviser, MPI will give an overview of how Government can support exporters through the Primary Growth Partnership or the Sustainable Farming Fund.
- Bill Dobbie - Manager, Business Liaison and Huw Thomas - Trade Advisory Service, MFAT will explain how MFAT works with MPI and NZ Customs Service to improve New Zealand exporters' access to overseas markets including through the negotiation and implementation of Free Trade Agreements and tackling non-tariff barriers. They will also explain MFAT's new Trade Advisory Service for exporters.
Please RSVP by Friday 30 June if you wish to attend.
Tuesday 4 July 2017
1:30pm to 4pm
Smart Business Centre, 65 Chapel Street, Tauranga
Phone: 07 571 0600
Prices (per person):
Members: Free to attend
Non Members: Free to attend
Learning and Development
Delivered through EMA, Business Central, CECC and OSEA. Select your region to find out whats happening.